11 August 2009

A Steeler Fan Had a Question

I can't believe I'm going to help a Steeler fan after what happened to my Cardinals last Super Bowl, but here goes.

I spoke with a gentleman on Saturday who has an old TV to dispose of. It seems to me I heard of a place to take old TV sets without any charge or fees; in Salt Lake City or County? Does anyone know who would take an old TV?

If so, I know where his house is and can go by and tell him.

This post is to help out a fellow West Valley citizen, but it's also part bio. While I generally watch a sports game only once a month or so, I followed every playoff game of the Arizona Cardinals. I've been a fan for over 30 years (yes, I've had my first black balloon birthday party and it was great!)

I told my Scouts if they believed in themselves and worked together the way the Cardinals did during the playoffs, they could accomplish anything. They teased me when my team lost, but they're soaring like never before. While the Cardinals lost, their example inspired at least a few Scouts and that means more to me than any Super Bowl victory.

If you know where someone can dispose of a TV, please post it in a comment. Thanks.

Together we can work wonders.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I've found a place for old TV's. The landfill and it's considered hazardous, so they'll take it for free.

    ReplyDelete