10 August 2009

So What Does "At-Large" Really Mean?

Often I'm asked what the "At-Large" means in "Councilmember At-Large." Often enough that an explanation's in order.

In West Valley, there are seven Council Members. The Mayor and six Councilmembers.

West Valley is divided into four districts and a Councilmember represents each of these districts. (For a map of the districts, visit http://www.wvc-ut.gov/index.aspx?nid=108.)

The Mayor and two Councilmembers are "At-Large." This means they represent all of West Valley and not a particular district.

I'm running "At-Large" because I've listened to you and it really doesn't matter what district you live in, everyone has the same issues. These issues need to be resolved now and you need someone who'll represent everyone. I'll do that.

With your support and my commitment to represent you, we'll work wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment