06 August 2009

Keep your money, please.

I've thought a lot about this campaign and how to finance it and I've come to some conclusions.

1. At some point I may need to collect donations, but I'm still a long way away from that.

2. We're in a recession; people should be keeping their money for their families or themselves.

3. I don't want to be beholden to private interests and if I accept donations, it will be with the stipulation that no votes come attached.

4. What would I do with the money raised anyway? I would accept the donation from you, have a yard sign made and bring it back to you to put in your yard.

Instead, if you support my representing the people of West Valley then keep your money, make a sign out of cardboard and place it in your yard.

We can work together on this campaign at no expense to you.

While campaigning and in office, I'll be responsible with your money.

1 comment:

  1. I have been disgruntled about the ordinances also. Some are needed to keep West Valley attractive, however some are "ridiculous" and hurtful to good members of the community.

    ReplyDelete