24 August 2009

My Promised Monday Morning Idea

Well...

I had a great idea, to use Sales Taxes to eliminate the WVC portion of our Property Taxes. I'm a researcher, so I took the opportunity when a current Council Member called to ask me how my campaign was going, and I responded that I'm studying the budget and trying to understand it better.

After our conversation, I realized my promised Monday morning idea was great, until I had a bigger picture. So here's the bigger picture.

Our budget is balanced in that a third is from Property Taxes, a third from Sales Taxes and a third from other sources such as USANA Amphitheater, the E-Center, animal services, etc.

He stated that, "The beauty of this balance is if RC Willey has a bad month, our budget isn't in jeopardy."

I'm always thinking. I'm always generating ideas (sometimes it drives my wife nuts). I'm skilled at research and willing to look hard at ideas to find the best. I'll bring these qualities to the City Council.

Please contact me. Leave your thoughts, ideas and comments. I'll get back with you, every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment