08 August 2009

I Heard a Lot About Ordinances Today

While going door to door today, I asked what the City could be doing. One lady was concerned about crime, wanting more Police Force. One couple wanted a Children at Play sign on their street. Two people said they have no complaints. Two told me they don't vote. It's interesting that today, no one mentioned taxes.

The number one response today, too many ordinances.

Most people were not home, but over half of those I visited want less ordinances. No one says zero ordinances, you just want less.

One retired gentleman had purchased a motor home to travel and enjoy retirement in, He sold it because of ordinances. He'd parked it in his backyard, behind a six foot fence, but had to sell it because it was not parked on gravel, concrete or asphalt.

I'm running for City Council to represent the people of West Valley. All day I heard there are too many ordinances. If elected, I intend to represent you and reduce the amount of ordinances.

With your support, we'll work wonders.

1 comment:

  1. I also think the city has to many ordinances. I think we as a city need to take a big step back and look at who owns the property. I know if this is what you stand for,than you have my vote!

    ReplyDelete