13 July 2011

The Last Two Years

I'm running for West Valley City Council, District 3. To begin the campaign, I wanted to tell you what I've been doing since I ran for the At-Large seat.

Two of our three children are fencing with me through Granite Peaks and last month, I competed in the Utah Summer Games. There's at least one current Councilmember that wants next year's Westfest to be the best ever. I say let's include games similar to the Utah Summer Games on a citywide scale. This would be a revenue generator and a lot of fun. I had a Blast.

We planted a huge berry patch (blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries and of course strawberries.) I love reading and have read around fifty or sixty books since 2009. Oh and you might be interested in this, we found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. Ask and I'll share it with you, it's in public domain.

While I'm no longer a Scoutmaster, I'm still actively involved with the Troop and the University of Scouting.

I've spoken with a multitude of people regarding the direction of the city; I'll share just a couple thoughts now and more later. I love living in West Valley. I believe the City could allow more liberty and freedom for the citizens. Actually, I don't believe the city has the right to "allow" us liberty (it is after all "we the people.")

Why are the Housing ordinances "reserved" on the cities website. We're cited for ordinances we can't have knowledge of until after we're cited. Wow.

I'm an ideas man. Do you recall the lifetime hunting and fishing licenses Utah offered a decade or so ago. These licenses gave me a brilliant idea regarding property taxes. Does the last statement give you ideas? I'll share my idea in a few days.

Welcome back my friends, I'm really looking forward to this campaign.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment