16 September 2009

The Day After

Well, last night’s election results were not the message I expected to send to City Council. All of you that supported this campaign, thank you.

I have a question that I don't know the answer to. Perhaps it's the researcher in me, but I can't help wonder why my campaign received only 6.7% of the votes. I've come up with five reasonable explanations.

This campaign was founded on what WVC residents stated as their biggest concerns. 80 to 90% of everyone I spoke with, informed me that too many ordinances and property taxes that increased while values decreased, were the two highest priorities.

1. Perhaps the 2,000 or so people I spoke with were not a true representation of the City's concerns.
2. Perhaps most of those I spoke with were just not interested enough to vote.
3. Perhaps those with the above concerns were not all registered voters.
4. Perhaps I just didn’t get the message of my campaign out well enough to the voters.
5.Perhaps name recognition means more than concerns.

Well, only you can answer these questions so I know how to proceed. Should I run again or not? Time will tell.

Thanks for your support; it meant a lot.

Well it looks like; the Time is Not Yet Right for Jeff White

1 comment:

  1. dear Mr. White,
    My name is Alex Hilse and I am a student body officer at Kennedy Jr. High. I spoke to you at "Meet the Canidates Night". I'm sorry to hear that you didn't win the initial election. We talked about student involvment programs and you asked me to email you, I don't know how involved you'll be with programs like this, but if you feel you can contribute anything you can contact me at my email addres which is hilse5@live.com. My mother did vote for you just so you know, she really liked your no nonsense approach to complicated issues. Unfortunately we wish we knew why you didn't get the vote also.
    Thanks so much
    Alex Hilse

    ReplyDelete