20 July 2011

Wow! Really? You've Got to Read This.

According to a member of the City Planning Commission (I just read this on his Blog), the city is going to widen 3500 South.

Again? Really? How many times has this road been widened in the last ten years, or been ripped up to provide a different drainage system? It seems constant.

How many businesses are no longer on 3500 South because of this? Is this thoroughfare always going to be picked on? If we have such great planners, why is this street in constant upheaval? Did the businesses on 35th South request this, again? Let's get this done right and leave these businesses and the surrounding neighborhoods alone. Give them peace.

Here's a "link" from the past regarding 35th South. An idea to help the businesses on this street or any businesses in a similar situation. http://jeffwhiteforcitycouncil.blogspot.com/2009/09/lets-help-35th-south-businesses.html

I'm stunned. Really stunned.

We all make mistakes, I know I do and I know how to correct them when I make them. Let's correct this mistake of constant destruction (oops, I mean construction) and move on, let's correct this constant rebuilding of 35th South and leave it alone. I drive it regularly because it's well designed as it's currently constructed.

Wow! I'll fight for you 35th South. I'll fight for you.
Jeff White

No comments:

Post a Comment