21 August 2011

Read this Letter to the Editor from Deseret News

John Williams, one of the volunteers in my campaign to bring Liberty back to West Valley wrote a letter to the editor regarding the 18% increase in property taxes and it was published today.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700172133/West-Valley-City-property-taxes.html

We actually met at the said Council Meeting regarding the tax increase. He was first in the meeting to speak against the tax increase and raised some very brilliant points.

In fact, 90% of those that spoke were against the increase. In the comments section regarding this letter, "Watchman" pointed out one of the Councilmembers statement (and I might add, a finger was pointed at us during the statement) "How dare you come in here and tell us what to do."

Now I'm not going to say here whether they were right or wrong to vote for the increase, that's a story for another post. What I'd like to say is I was amazed a Councilmember feels we shouldn't dare to speak with our elected officials.

(Admittedly this was a passionate issue, and maybe this isn't what they meant to say, then again maybe it is how they feel. I just might ask sometime and find out. It was definitely a passionate meeting.)

I'm here to listen. I'm here to generate ideas that will lower taxes. I'm here to eliminate oppressive ordinances, keeping only those that are reasonable.

I'm here to restore our Liberty.
Jeff White

No comments:

Post a Comment