24 July 2009

Why I'm Running

Living in West Valley City, my family feels at home. There are many great things in this community, like the dozen or so community parks, the wonderfully diverse culture and the variety of businesses within just a short drive. In visiting with others in the city, there's much community pride.

Having said this, there are real issues that people have and I know together, we can resolve them. I work in a research and development laboratory and believe in research; research that involves listening to people and not just reading committee reports and facts.

In listening to people, the two issues that are on the minds of most people reflect the current economy. We're facing unemployment, layoffs and cutbacks in hours and wages; this affects us all. We're concerned about how to keep our money and still make our homes and community more pleasant to live in.


The first issue is lowering taxes and the second is the amount of ordinances. With your support and my willingness to creatively solve problems, we can work wonders.

I'll be careful with your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment