25 July 2009

Lowering WVC Property Taxes, Part 1 of 3

My top priority is listening to people in West Valley and your telling me that one of the top priorities you want me to address is lowering taxes. I've listened, I've researched and I've brainstormed. This is the first of three ideas that could resolve this issue.

If we're tightening our belts, we should also tighten our city's belt. I'm committed to taking a closer look at the budget and eliminating waste. Following is an example from my life.

Two years ago I recognized fuel prices would break $3.00 per gallon and my '69 Ford Falcon got 17 mpg. My daily commute is 66 miles. Simple calculations revealed a monthly payment of $100, gas prices of $3.00 and a car getting 30 mpg would cost the same as my Falcon. I found a Honda Civic at 38 mpg and when gas prices reached $4.50 per gallon, I was saving, saving and saving and at current fuel prices I'm still saving.


My research skills allow me to predict what may happen, form a hypothesis and test it. I'm committed to carefully researching the city's budget as I do my own; I'm convinced we can have the same services, zero layoffs and do this for less.

With your support and my willingness to research and work, we can lower our taxes.

Together we can work wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment