10 September 2011

Modifying Ordinances - What Do I Mean?

I get asked all the time about what I mean by modifying ordinances. So what do I mean?

Our city ordinances state it's illegal to have an unregistered vehicle unless it's in a garage. Behind a fence or in a carport is unacceptable.

My family lived in Las Vegas and I went to college at UNLV before I moved to the Wasatch Front. At one point, the transmission went out in my car. I didn't have enough money to fix it.

My solution was to ride a bicycle while I saved enough money to repair my car. (This did make dating a challenge, but I like challenges.) It took nine months to save the money and not only did I save the money for my transmission, I also paid off a student loan.

The ordinance part of this, it's illegal in Las Vages for an unregistered vehicle to be on the street. It is, however, perfectly acceptable for an unregistered vehicle to be in a driveway, a carport or even a garage.

This makes sense. In Tennessee a car has to have tires (unless being actively worked on). This eliminates cars on cinder blocks.

Keeping unregistered vehicles in a garage only is an ordinance that's oppressive. Modifying it after Las Vegas's example would make this ordinance reasonable and give us back Liberty, restoring our constitutionally protected property rights.


Vote Jeff White
Vote for Liberty

No comments:

Post a Comment